2022 - AVEVA PI World Amsterdam - Process Industries (Forest and Paper, Mining and Metals)
The PI System supports Umicore's Go-for-zero - towards a better environment
In this presentation, JeroenDW and MartijnS will cover a number of initiatives that help Umicore creating a sustainable and safe environment for our colleagues and neighbors.
When we implemented the concept of Condition Based Maintenance - suggested in BDS by Osisoft, we tailored this concept support our corporate go-for-zero mission: Condition Based Environment. We use event frames *examples* and our users have PI vision displays to discover incidents and prevent (eg. preventive dust) any environmental impact.
Throughout the presentation, we will cover a range of concepts and examples where the PI system acts a versatile platform to support our go for zero mission:
- An integration with LIMS lab analysis for linking lab dust analysis to process conditions.
- In-situ sensors - classical OPC (examples)
- Smart IOT devices (VersaSense) - WebAPI integration to monitor area's in the surrounding and hard to reach places.
- PII4BA - Azure Data Lake - PowerBI reporting
- TrendMiner Ana
- Chemicals & Petrochemicals
- Metals Mining & Materials
Jeroen De Wolf
- Chemical Engineer from KU Leuven, Belgium, 2011
- Academic Researcher 2011 - 2014
- Account Manager at TrendMiner (Osisoft Partner) 2014-2021
- Project Manager IT/Digitalisation at Umicore 2021-2022
As a project Manager at Umicore, I'm supporting all our business units with the roll out of the PI system and develop
Civil Engineer in Material science, graduated in 1998 at KU Leuven
Started at Umicore (Union Minière) in 1999.
2001 Proces operations manager (smelter / blast furnace)
2008 Manager Coördination Raw materials supply
2019 Digital Transformation Manager PMR Hoboken