2022 - AVEVA PI World Amsterdam - Power Generation
Centralized real-time monitoring project at TAQA EMC
TAQA Morocco launched a digitalization strategy to perform real-time asset monitoring and predictive analytics in a centralized Energy Monitoring Center located in Casablanca. By implementing PI System, TAQA EMC is now able to manage information coming from 6 power generation units in Jorf (Morocco) and 3 units in Takoradi (Ghana). PI AF Analytics, PI Vision displays, Events & Notifications, connectivity to a powerplant simulator and to a predictive analytics platform make the backbone of the solution deployed at EMC.
Taqa North Africa S.C.A.
- Promote Energy 4.0 through the Development of Monitoring and Diagnostic Center to implement :
Power Plant Performance Monitoring using OSISOFT component to support O&M activities and to achieve operational excellence
Modeling technology based on data and Machine Learning tools.
- Management of the strategic challenges of the energy market in its transitional context towards a free market according to the new legislative framework (laws, decrees, monitoring committee, etc.).
- Development and implementation of Master Plan projects to support the evolution of energy demand.
- Management of operational priorities in terms of: Health and Safety, Operational Excellence of O&M, Budget management, Optimization of performance...
- Management of skills and key positions of the future needs in the advanced digitalization context.
Marco has a background in data reconciliation, simulation of steady-state and dynamic processes, development of operator training simulators and process engineering with particular expertise in ammonia, methanol, LNG, lime and vacuum technologies.
Marco holds a Master s Degree in Chemical Engineering from Politecnico di Milano and joined Pimsoft in 2014 where he is acting as Sales Executive and Industry Principal for Refining and Chemicals.